What an exciting week. Jacob was able to call home on Wednesday, November 3rd. We had decided on 9:00 pm Wisconsin time, which was 8:00 pm Utah time. The phone ran just around 9:15 and Blake and I both ran for the phone. I answered and asked, "Who is this?" to which I replied, "Your mother". He told me that it seemed like a long time since he last heard my voice. He sounded so mature and so happy. He expressed how much he has learned and that a lot of things have changed for him. I am not sure what all that means. He said goodbye to his first companion, Elder Craig, who departed to Bolivia. He stated that he is with 5 other Elders all waiting for their visa's to arrive so that they can go and preach the gospel in Veracruz. He thought that his visa might arrive within the next 2 weeks. With that being the case he will stay in the MTC until that happens. He ended the conversation in Spanish and I have no idea what he said but I think it was his testimony. It was so nice to hear his voice and the excitement his has for the gospel. He should be able to call home once his travel plans are in place.
We also received another very pleasant surprise in the mail this week. The companion of whom I spoke about earlier, Elder Craig, had written,Blake and I a very nice letter about how much he enjoyed being Jacob's companion. He told us what an example Jacob was to all those around him and how excited he is to preach the gospel. I was so touched by the letter that Lesley had to finish reading it to us. I miss him terribly, but I sure am glad he is where he is suppose to be. That's it for now. Watch for the latest email.
No comments:
Post a Comment