It is hard to believe that I am looking at week 9. The other day I thought before too long he will be 1/8 of the way through his mission. Not that I am counting or anything. After his phone call home we received a very inspiring email from Jacob. I have posted just a portion of his email.
"My extra week in the MTC has probably been the best week on my mission thus far. I sang in the devotional choir and Elder Ballard came and spoke to us. He shared a story about a meeting he had with the second in command at Berkshire Hathway and how he turned a cordial meeting into a missionary moment. He also set up another meeting with this man and his wife to talk soley about the Gospel. On Wednesday, I obviously got to talk to my lovely parents, although the phone cut out early. I'll be able to call once I get my travel plans and possibly at the airport. It was a great 5 minutes though, and I thanked Heavenly Father for that opportunity. On Sunday we had an inspired Mission Conference, where the MTC Presidency and their wives delivered messages I needed to hear before I was sent out to the field. Our fasting was very spiritual, and I've received countless answers to my prayers. There's just no way I could deny the miracles I've seen in the last two months. For the Sunday Night Fireside, Sheri Dew came and spoke. I didn't know much about her, but her message capped off a wonderful Sabbath day. Afterwards, I got to shake her hand, look her in the eye, and thank her personally for her message. The temple today was highly informative, and I received witness of ideas I couldn't create on my own. I don't mind being at the MTC, I know the Lord is keeping us here, and I see more of the reason everyday! Anyway, thank you all so much for everything you've done! I love my mission and I'm patiently waiting my flight to Mexico! I know the Church is true, and I can't describe this week with words. The Spirit is plentiful here, and I see the love of God and the Atonement in everything!
With love,
Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment