Well 2 months have passed since Jacob left only 22 more to go. He has not left the MTC as of yet. We are excited to hear him this week. He gets a 5 minute phone call so I will update the blog after that phone call. I think he is calling to tell us what is happening with his visa but I am not sure. He just continues to amaze us with how much his testimony has grown. Here is a little from his latest email.
"I had a busy, but wonderful week in the MTC and I'll share some of the experiences I've had. On Monday, we sent off another missionary to the field. He's going to Ohio Spanish speaking. On Tuesday, I sang in the choir "With Faith in Every Footstep" for the devotional. Elder Richard G. Scott came to the MTC and spoke on the importance of the Hold Ghost. He also bore one of the most touching testimonies I've ever heard. What a great servant of the Lord. On Wednesday, we got to "teach a lesson" in front of the brand new missionaries at the MTC. We were hooked up to microphones and the "investigators" were really great actors. On Thursday, we met with an "investigator" we've been meeting with for the past 6 weeks. Even though she was acting, it was amazingly spiritual. Also on Thursday, my companion got his travel plans for Bolivia; I know he'll do great there. On Friday, I received an amazing package from you all! Thanks so much for your support, and I especially loved the beef jerky. On Saturday, we taught two missionaries who had been in the mission field for 5 months, but returned to the MTC to sign their visas for Mexico. The lesson was on the Law of Tithing and went really well. On Sunday, we had to conduct, preside and teach the lesson in Priesthood meeting. We had quite the responsibility, but it was a great lesson about the Atonement. We taught from Preach My Gospel, which is an excellent resource for all members of the Church. Also on Sunday, we were released from our responsibilties as Zone Leaders. I really enjoyed the opportunity to serve our zone! Well today we attended the temple and now my companion has to go pack for tomorrow. I'll join another companionship after he leaves.
How was your birthday mom? I heard about a special surprise ;) Hope everything is going well, did you all have a good Halloween?
Well one other thing, I'm alloted a 5 minute phone call this week. Please send me a DearElder that tells me when a good time to call home will be! I'm excited to hear your voices, even for only a moment! Well, the Gospel is true. The Doctrine of Christ is the only true doctrine of the Father. The Atonement can be applied to everyone and everything. I love you all, and I can't wait to hear from you soon!
-Elder Butterfield
p.s. I'll be sending home a package very soon, so be on the look out"
No comments:
Post a Comment