It has been 8 weeks since Jacob left for the MTC. In some ways it seems like it has been forever but in other ways the time really has flown by. It is so wonderful to see the change that has come over him in such a short time. He really has grown in his language skills and in his testimony. The following is from his latest email.
"I think you better start taking those lessons in Spanish right now, because it looks like I won't be reassigned after all! We spoke to the travel office this past Friday and apparently our visas are in Salt Lake City now, the thing is they need to take time to sort them out so I might be in the MTC an extra week or two (which works for me)! My companion may get reassigned because things are different for Bolivia, but we'll see what happens! If my plans do change, I will be allowed to call home for 5 minutes, so I may be calling home this week... Sounds like a busy week, how are the nephews? Thanks so much for the package! I'm enjoying everything and sharing it with all the Elders (they thank you too). Well this week was exceptionally fast and busy as ever. On Tuesday, I sang in the devotional choir and Elder Russell M. Nelson came and spoke to us! It was very inspiring and powerful. Then Wednesday, we got a new District and offiented them a little. On Thursday we gave them a tour of the MTC and taught them some things about missionary work. On Friday, one of the new Elders in our zone sprained his ankle severly, so we got to help him out with food, transportation and call the Branch President. Friday night, we participated in a blessing for this Elder and comforted him. Saturday, we taught the second lesson in Spanish and taught the new missionaries completely by the Spirit. Throughout the week I had some questions on my mind, and on Sunday I decided to fast for an answer. I asked my Branch President about it, and he clarified for me. My Branch President is an amazing man, Steve Studdert, look him up some time to see how privileged I am. Anyway, at the Sunday Fireside, the speak said he was impressed to say something, and he basically spoke verbatim to answer my question, and look right at me for a split second. It was so clear, and so precise, that I just plain could not deny that my question had been answered. The Spirit has confirmed my questions and doubts, and even though it's been 8 weeks on my mission, I can finally see that I'm totally ready to serve the Lord. I will go to the edge of my service, and once I reach it, the Lord will push me off, and I will fly (paraphrased from Elder Holland). I can't wait to hear from you all and know that I love you very much! This Gospel is true and The Book of Mormon is the most perfect book in the world. Do your part to serve the Lord as I am doing, and He will bless you forever!
Love you all
Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment