Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 6

Well this week I had a weird experience.  Last week Jacob told us in his email that he thought he would be released from being the District Leader. I had a feeling Monday morning that I would open his email and he would tell me that he was the new Zone Leader.  Well that very thing happened.  Here is a little of his latest email.
   "Alright, it's that time of the week again!  I know you all are pretty excited, so let me tell you about my week.  Well, we're 6 weeks in (this Wednesday) and I was realeased as the District Leader this past Sunday.  Fortunately my responsibilities have only increased because my companion and I have been called to serve as Zone Leaders for our remaining time in the MTC.  I'm excited about this responsibility, but not so excited about having to check out the missionaries leaving for the field (one left at 3:00AM this morning and the other left at 5:45AM), so sleep isn't my biggest concern I suppose.  Our responsibility is to inspire the other missionaries in our zone and to welcome new missionaries to it.  We don't have a new group this week, but it's likely we will next week.  All of the missionaries in the departing district got reassigned.  They will temporarily serve in places like Fresno, Ogden, Tuscon, San Diego, Alabama and Denver.  It's likely I will get a reassignment in 2 weeks if I don't get my visa, so we'll see.  I really enjoyed Conference as I said, and there was a lot about following the Prophet.  We're fortunate to live in a dispensation (let alone the last dispensation) and to have a true Prophet of God among us.   Well the MTC was all fired up because of how terrible BYU is at football this year, and I have a brief encounter with Aggie football pride (I didn't know it existed).  Love you all, and I know this Church is the only true Church on the Earth.  I had an amazing experience with the Holy Ghost this week and I will never deny it."
 
-Elder Butterfield
Well there you have it.  We wish that he wouldn't just leave us hanging when he makes a statement like the last one in his email.  How long will we have to wait to hear the end of that story?  Well signing off for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment