Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Week 14

Okay, I am a week or two behind. What else is new? I have been just a little busy with Christmas and work etc. I will try and do better. The weeks just seem to roll along. It is Monday and I am all excited for the newest email and before I know it Friday is here. Well enough from me. I am sure you all want to hear what is happening in the Veracruz area. Here is the latest from Jacob's email.
"What a week! You know what's funny? President gave us football scores in the weekly letter, but he stopped doing that this week, but you still sent me some. Just kinda funny. Anyway, sounds like it's truly winter in WI; everyone asks me if there's snow in Wisconsin, now I can say yes! This week was one of the best in my entire mission! We had our Christmas Conference on Thursday in Veracruz, President Hansen answered so many questions I had that I couldn't doubt the inspiration. After the Conference, we did a session in the Veracruz Temple! It was completely in Spanish, but still very spiritual. I stayed in Verzcruz overnight to sign my visa, then we bussed back to San Andres. On Saturday we had three baptisms! All were brothers ages 9, 12, and 16; the mom really wants to get baptized too, but we need to get her to church one more time. On Sunday, we got a woman named Carmen to church. She was a Jehova's witness for a number of years, but she left them when her husband was dying and they basically shunned her. We taught her the Plan of Salvation, and my companion declared, ''there were angels in that room.'' At church, she acted just like a member! Carmen has a baptismal date for the 18th, and we're really excited about that! Anyway, we went to various beautiful sights today and I plan to send home some pictures this week. I think we have a branch Christmas party coming up soon, but I'm not sure. Next week I should have the info on calling home so don't worry. We'll figure it out. Well, I love hearing from you all. I'm trying to get some letters off soon too. The Church is true and the work is exactly how it should be. I hope you're still reading The Book of Mormon regularly. Conversion comes from that book more than any other source. I don't even carry a Bible with me regularly. Let Lesley, Mikkal, Jenessa, our cousins, etc. know that they can email me. I want to know how they're doing too.

Con amor,
Elder Butterfield
>

No comments:

Post a Comment