Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Week 15

Okay, I am finally getting caught up. Well another week has flown by and we are getting pretty close to that important phone call that we are all looking forward to. It will be so nice to hear Jacob's voice again. It truly does seem like forever that I talked with him. He sounds so good in his emails and we received a wonderful card from his Mission President. I had a lovely letter in a card and a picture of Jacob meeting them for the first time. They are truly wonderful people. Well here is the latest from Jacob. He would love to hear from everybody so here is his email jacob.butterfield@myldsmail.net I can't guarantee he will write back.
"Well we're still meeting in the Coca Cola factory, but the chapel should be finished soon. Did you ask everyone what they thought the gnome was? I bet no one has an answer still! Well, thanks for keeping the tradition alive. I've seen some pretty crazy trees already. People here really get into the Christmas spirit. I wish you could meet President Hansen and his wife, it's tough to explain the relationship I feel with them. Truly great servants of the Lord, no other words. I'm not craving really anything, my time is limited to myself, and I wouldn't have it any other way! This week was interesting. There is a huge celebration in Mexico with the Catholic church that can only be described as pure anarchy. We had to go in 30 minutes early on Saturday because it was so cazy. Despite all that, I love it here! We baptized a 13 year old boy this week, and another of our converts received the Priesthood! We have three marriages we have to organize this week, and we are going to baptize a lifelong Jehova's witness on Saturday! I'm sorry this letter is short, but I promise next week will be a better letter! I love you all, and I love the people of Mexico!

-Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment