Well it is week 36 and I got a phone call. We were actually able to have a whole family conversation with everyone on skype (Thanks Keith). I couldn't see Jacob because I couldn't get skype on his computer. He could't even remember his password so I could download it. Anyway it was great to talk to him and hear his voice. I hear that he is pretty red and that worries me some. I need to get him some really good sunscreen. He also tells me that all his shirts are stained because it is so hot. New white shirts on on the way. Well it will be the longest time yet between phone calls now 7 months to be exact. I am sure I can hang on. Here is his latest letter and picture!
"Thanks a lot for your e-mail, it helps me so much to know you're all doing fine back home. I really don't need much of anything, I really couldn't be better set here. I'm really loving it here, and I feel wonderful. I've been going at the mission in the wrong way for too long. Too often I find myself reciting things in lessons as if I were a robot. I'm really trying to put the material into my own words to help myself with the conversion process. We watched a talk by Elder Holland this past week about missionaries that memorized their lessons, and became inactive after their missions. This is something I fear and something I think I need to change. If I can really put the lessons in my own words, I will become converted. I think it's why I'm on a mission in this time, because I need to convert myself and help the wonderful people I teach become converted also. Well, we just had a baptism of a couple this week, and we're going to baptize many, many more. This is a picture of Esperanza and Eduardo, both had their problems, but are very solid and going to make a wonderful addition to the branch. Well I love you all back home. I don't need a thing, because my Heavenly Father provides for me. Just always remember to pray and read the scriptures diligently, I know there are answers in the simple things!
-Elder Butterfield
Esperanza and Eduardo

No comments:
Post a Comment