Here we are at week 35 and Jacob has been out for 8 months and I can hardly believe it. I am looking forward to his call this coming Sunday and to think that the next time I talk to him on the phone it will be Christmas and he will be on the count down. He is enjoying his mission and all the learning that has come with serving. Here is his latest letter.
"Hola! Well thanks for letter, and filling me in on your week. This week, an 86 year-old member got up to bear her testimony although she had been sick this week, as she was about to close, she fainted into the arms of the Ward Secretary and Conselor in the Bishopric. We gave her a blessing and she was driven to her house to rest. Her testimony was very powerful and the investigators we brought were touched by her genuineness. Although it was a bizarre situation, it really showed how the ward worked together and comforted it's sick member. There's always love in this work and a great sense of urgency and duty. We're teaching a family that really needs the Gospel in their lives and we're looking forward to the baptisms of the parents this weekend. Don't worry about a thing where you are, just be diligent, faithful, loving and meek. The Spirit will teach you what your purpose is in your present situation. I look forward to calling you all this Sunday around 3:00 your time, so just have the account ready. Love you all very much and I can't wait to talk to you (and see your HAPPY faces!)
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment