It is hard to believe that Jacob has been gone 34 weeks. I am anxiously awaiting another phone call in a few weeks. He sent a few pictures this week and I don't like one of them. I will let you guess which one I am not too fond of.
"Happy Easter! We were able to view a progam on Easter yesterday, a musical by the Church that was really neat. We did have a great week, we were blessed with the baptisms on two sons of an inactive (but now active) member named Brenda. The Lord blessed these yound boys with faith and confidence in thier decisions. Here's their picture. Well it was interesting with the new companion, he's from Peru and speaks a little different than the Mexicans. His name is Elder Quispe, and we're going to have a lot of success together! This change has been interesting for me, as I'm sure your change has been interesting. It's still cold up there? Well, it's so hot that we left the windows open and a scorpion entered our house! It was interesting, plus we only have one fan to cool us. I bathe with cold water every day and I love it! We're going to go to the edge this week and do all things in order before our God. I'm hoping we'll have Skype, but I don't know how well I'll be able to speak English. It's going to be interesting. Well I love you all so much. I thank my Heavenly Father for pouring our His blessings upon our family. It's truly the Lord's work. Love you!
-Elder Butterfield
The scorpion that snuck into their apartment.....
The young men they recently baptized!


No comments:
Post a Comment