Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week 30

It has been 7 months since Jacob left and it has gone by rather fast. Here is his latest email and I am glad to report he got our email this week.
"Wow, I really expected him to be in another part of Japan, but there he was.  That's truly amazing and a testament to the protection of the missionaries.  The Lord's hands we're guarding His servants.  A lot of people have commented on the earthquake, and have talked about ''the end of the world.''  We won't have need to worry about such things if we're doing the things we should be.  If you want info on Mike, check under my Facebook, his name is Michael Ruefenacht, I'm not sure on the spelling.  My companion is really great, the Lord blessed me and this area with such a solid servant.  Every companionship in the Zone has at least one baptismal service planned for this week, and in the mission as a whole, there are 109 baptisms planned for this week.  That's absolutely stunning for a mission of 89 companionships.  We've been teaching a man whose is about 65 years old, but has a health condition.  Last night he told us that he doesn't want to die in sin.  We're praying for him a lot, that he will get baptized this week.  Wow, is it starting to hit you now?  The big change of life from Oregon, Wisconsin to Oklahoma.  I know everything will work out because the Lord blesses the families of his missionaries.  I can't even begin to express the thanks I owe to my family.  I have been blessed with goodly parents, and the Lord has allowed me to tarry in an eternal family.  I love you all, that's about as much as I can say.  I thank Heavenly Father frequently for my family and I pray for your safety. Something I found out in the mission: a study of the scriptures will increase intelligence faster than anything else.  If you're having trouble, do a little study, and it will work out.  Well thanks for everything as always, soon enough we will be able to talk and see eachother!  I might have a little trouble, after all, I've started dreaming in Spanish!  Heavenly Father has really helped me take long strides in the language.  Well love you two again, let me know how the move turns out!"
Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment