It is week 31 and it won't be long before I will get my next phone call. The time is passing quickly but it also seems like he has been gone forever. Here is his latest letter:
" Well I don't have much time to write, but I want to tell you about Eudoxio: We had been teaching this older man for some time, and he always wanted to postpone his baptismal date. In a lesson with him we tried about ten times to get him to pray with us about his date. Finally, he offered a very simple but direct prayer to Heavenly Father. Minutes later he confided in us a past issue, and asked us, ''what do I need to bring to the baptism?'' It was absolutely inspiring and truly a testimony to the work. I realized this week how simple it is for someone to receive an answer from God, although so many people don't do it. He is evidence that everyone can receive a testimony of the Church and be certain about their baptism. After I baptized him, he said he wanted to do it again. Well the Conference was really special, although I couldn't understand much of it (they speak really fast). Well I'm eager to hear what's going on next week, but for now I'll just say I love you very much and pray for you all frequently. The Church is true!
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment