Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 37

Well, week 37 can't believe it. Not a lot has happened this last week. It seems like Jacob should be coming home for the summer but so much has changed since last year. I am so proud of the choices he has made and the progress that he is making with his testimony
"Here's some proof that I'm enjoying the mission (see picture attached).  A humble abode, but really delicious food.  Everything is going wonderful.  We're into baptizing, and finding the chosen people that Heavenly Father has prepared for us.  I may not have gained any weight, but I'm certainly not in shape, I was very tired this week!  Apparently the city Xalapa was visited this week by Elder Oaks and a few Elders of the Seventy, and some blessed missionaries were able to meet them and their wives.    Don't let a day pass without studying that book with an eye of faith, it's all we use out here and it's all that is needed.   I keep having the idea of memorizing scriptures although there isn't much time, we'll have to find a plan to do it.  Anyway, this week we baptized 2 Erikas!  One is the daughter of the couple we baptized last week and the other is an 18 year-old that is in love with Michael Jackson.  Haha, it was really special to see the change in these two daughters of God and help them find the path of righteousness and repentence.  I know the Church is true and that God directs it today, He blesses us in our families and is willing and ready to help us change our lives for our own benefit and for the benefit of others.  I love you all and I'll hear from you in a week!"
-Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment