It is so hard to believe that we are at week 38 and before long it will be 52 and I will be counting down from there. Sometimes people ask me how it is to have a son that you can only talk to twice a year. My answer is that it is very hard but I know that he is doing the right thing and he is happy in what he is doing at least most of the time. Well here is his latest letter.
"Hola! Well it's true, the world continues, although a lot of people thought we were spreading the rumor about the 21st of May. We said, ''no, no one knows....'' Is it looking like the time for Mitt Romney or are we going to go with Palin? Haha, not that it really matters. Tornadoes? That's what I always think about when I think of Oklahoma. I heard that our picture is in the Liahona this month, look for one of a baptismal service in Poza Rica, Veracruz. The work is going great. We had a baptismal service this week of a 24 year-old named Julio, that makes 3 consecutive weeks of baptisms! Our Heavenly Father has truly blessed us in this area and He continues to do so. I'm about to finish 2 Nefi in Spanish, and I learn so much every time I read. We taught about 27 this week and we had a conference with President Hansen. He's only got about one month left! It's blazing hot here, but I'm loving it. We're enjoying the blessings for our work and the heat. That's great to hear about you reading the scriptures every night. You will be blessed as you continue to do so. Well I know this Church is true. The Book of Mormon is a true book and was written by Prophets that lived here. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God as Thomas S. Monson is today. Jesus Christ must be the center of our lives if we are to be peaceful and happy. nThanks so much for your prayers and I love you both!
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment