Well this was another rough week as we traveled to Utah for a funeral. It was nice to see family but not under these circumstances. I can always count on a letter from Jacob to put everything into perspective. Here is his latest letter.
"Hey there! Well, here I am in beautiful Tlapacoyan, Veracruz. My Zone is officially in the State of Puebla, but I´m still here in Veracruz. The town is pretty small, about 20,000 people and there´s a ward here. The chapel is just being built, and they have met in a rented building for 7 years, needless to say, the ward is very excited. My companion is Elder CastaƱeda, he´s from Mexico City and it´s his third transfer in the mission. The area is cool and I would say it´s the most beautiful area I have had in the mission. Really, look it up! Well, I hope and pray that you´re all doing alright coping with Tad´s death, and I´m sure it was easier with the family at your side. It was unexpected, but it can´t be changed. There´s an absolutely beautiful talk that was given in General Conference, ´´The Atonement Can Heal Everything´´ or something like that. It´s very powerful and incredibly true. Don´t worry about a thing, just live in gratitude to Heavenly Father and always remember the Atonement of Jesus Christ. There can´t be any other remedy more fulfilling. Well, I love you both and I´m excited to hear about you two reading the Book of Mormon, hopefully one day you can finish it in Spanish. If you don´t believe me, read Mark 9:23. Well, this work is true, and I wouldn´t be out here if it wasn´t for you two. Love you!
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment