Week 41! I know I say this each week but I can't believe that we are at week 41 already. It is heating up here in Oklahoma but I don't think that this is anything compared to what Jacob is experiencing. I know he is looking forward to cooler weather. His new area looks beautiful and he is really enjoying it. Here is his latest letter and a new picture too!
"Hot is it? Maybe that global warming business has some sense after all. Haha, well it's not as hot here as Poza Rica, but it's higher in altitude so the sun in pretty strong. I put on sunscreen every day, so don't be worrying. We had a really special baptism this week of a 70 year-old man named Candido. We got permision from President Hansen to confirm him after his baptism so that he could go to the temple with the ward the following day. I baptized him in a river in our area. It was absolutely beautiful and really a special experience. President Hansen and his wife also stopped by for Sacrament Meeting Sunday morning. They offered their testimonies and really excited the ward. President Hansen ends his service at the end of this transfer and he is going to recommend me as a trainer for the next change. It will be a very neat experience to be able to train a brand new missionary especially in an area such as this one. Well I love you all! I'm in the true Lord's work! But even then I plead for help every day because I can't do this alone. I expect great news this week, because I know it will come if you continue reading The Book of Mormon, praying and striving to do your best ever single day! Just say every morning, ´´Today is going to be a great day´´ and it will go well. Pray every morning and it's impossible to frown. Well, that's my advice, you made the right decision, now love it!
-Elder Butterfield
Jacob and his companion at the baptism of Candido
No comments:
Post a Comment