Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week 39

Week 39 and it has been a rough week. We had an unexpected death in the family and I think it made Blake and I realize that life is very precious and you just never know when your time to leave this life is going to be. We are ever more grateful for the knowledge of eternal life and we know that we will see our loved ones once again. Here is Jake's latest letter.
"Hey there, thanks a lot for the letter.  Pretty special that you were welcomed into the new ward and there's already connections being made.  Is the Bishop pretty neat?  We were blessed this past week with a nother baptism of a young girl named Dana.  We're bing blessed, but my time has come to change areas.  I'm being transferred to a fast growing ward in the state of Puebla (but still in the Veracruz Mission).  A few people have commented on the tornadoes they've seen in the news.  It's pretty rough I hear, but that's how it goes.  Well, it is incredibly sad to hear this news about Tad, especially because I really respected and admired him.  Your brother had all sorts of charisma and grew a beautiful family.  I can't imagine the grief that is passing through the family in this time, but it's reassuring to see the family coping together with this pain.  I really hope and pray that you're all doing all right and thanks so much for your letters and prayers.  All I can say is that we know the true Plan of Salvation, there is no substitute.  We know that there is life yet to come and that our trials and sufferings are but a brief moment in this life.  We are blessed to live in the last dispensation with all the truth we have.  Just a quick experience: when I was reading your letter, the truth of your statement about President Monson struck me very deeply.  I know he's a Prophet of God in our time too.  Thanks so much for your testimony and support.  My heart truly goes out to our family and we will be blessed and comforted in this time.  I love you all!
 
-Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment