Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 49

Well it is week 49 and we just had a nice visit back to Wisconsin. We were able to go and celebrate Krew's birthday. What a nice time we had and I think back to last year when Krew was born and Jacob was preparing for his mission. The year has really gone by fast even though there have been a lot of changes. Well here is Jacob's latest letter along with a picture and when I saw the picture I though how beautiful of a place that Jacob is in and then I noticed how sunburned his neck is. I sure do worry about the effects of the sun on him.Here is is letter.
"Hey there!  Well it's nice and hot here in Tlapacoyan too, I got a little burned on our zone activity but I should still be recognized as a foreigner, haha.  We had a really special baptism this week of a young 9 year old girl named Cristina.  She was a little afraid of the water in the river and becuase it was raining the water was rising to dangerous levels.  With a quick prayer, she faced her fears and was immersed in the water.  5 minutes later and it would have been too dangerous to go through with.  The work is going forth and the chapel here will be open in less than a month!  Well from this end, we're going strong, it's never easy, but it's worth it.  The conversion is a miraculous process, and I think I'm going to join you all in memorizing Los Articulos de La Fe esta semana!  Pues, les amo muchísimo y sé en verdad que estoy en el lugar perfecto por ahorita.  Sé que La Iglesia es verdadera y que Jesucristo es Mi Salvador.  Nos hablamos en una semana entonces!
 
-Elder Butterfield (Campo de Mantequilla)



No comments:

Post a Comment