Friday, July 29, 2011

Week 48

Well week 48 and we finished up our week in Utah and are headed back to Oklahoma. It was a very interesting trip this year several people go the stomach flu and that is something that has never happened. Mitch and Grandpa were able to give Keith a blessing which is a huge milestone. I know Jacob would have been very proud of both of them. Here is his latest email.
"Hey there!  It feels really nice writing you all and I'm happy to hear you could all take a break and head out to Utah.  Well, at least you know how I felt for the past few weeks, having the stomach flu and all, but it sounds like things cleared up.  There is a good chance that he will get called here, there a lot of missions and they're adding one this year.  Ya, get back to work on that reading, it will help you everyday.  The week was pretty good, we're finding all sorts of people to teach, but the trouble is getting them to church.  All of the young men and women went to EFY and have really changed.  One girl brought her friend with her, and now her friend wants to get baptized!  The training is a lot of fun, but a lot of work, I think I'm learning just as much as Elder Mariano!  Yep, about one more month and I'll hit my year mark, but that doesn't mean a whole lot to me.  I've got some goals that I need to reach right now and I can't stop any time soon.  I'm loving it here and I know I'm here for a reason too.  The garment tops will be well appreciated and I'm good for money right now.  Thanks for all you help and I'll be sure to send you more photos soon!  Well I love you all back home, I miss you and I know the Lord is looking after you (Doctrine and Convenants Section 31).  Keep on pressing forward and I will be home before you know it.  Talk to you next week!
 
-Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment