Saturday, July 2, 2011

Week 43

Week 43 by the next time I write an email to Jacob he will have been out 10 months. We are headed to Utah in a couple of weeks for our annual trip and this will be the first summer without Jacob. He was always our source of entertainment. He and Mitchell have their little routines and it has been so fun watching these two boys grow up and become the young men they are today. Here is Jake's latest letter.
"We had our Mission Conference to say goodbye to President Hansen and his wife this past Tuesday.  It was very interesting to see them go, I don't know hardly anything about the coming President TreviƱo.  It was very special to see all of the missionaries here united and we really enjoyed it.  We had a baptismal service of a woman named Margarita this Saturday.  I baptized her in a river, to be able to get baptized, she had to move out of the house of her boyfriend with her three kids although she didn't have much money.  This service completed a ''bauti-mes'' which means that we baptized someone every week of the month of June.  It was really special, and the mission as a whole completed with the goal of 1500 baptisms from January to June.  The month of July is looking like an unastounding 300 baptisms, something this mission has never done before.  I testify that we are truly working in the Lord's vineard and that we are receiving blessings and revelation for our service.  I love you both and I can't wait to talk to you in one week, granted you have a computer to e-mail me, haha."
 
con amor,
Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment