Well we traveled to Utah and it was our first summer trip without Jacob. It seemed rather strange to not have him along. We have only been here a few days and he is greatly missed. Mitchell is lost and has no one to go to Macey's with or do pranks at Walmart. It will be a few years before these two will be back together being that Mitch will leave on his mission next summer and Jacob won't be home yet. Here is is latest email with a picture of his new companion
"What a week! How great to hear that you're all in Utah and everyone is growing up so fast! Thanks for all the support and love you give me, it's really not going to waste. You're going to past me up I think, I'm in Mosiah 9 in Spanish right now. President Treviño is wonderful, I wish you could meet the Treviño family and the Hansen family, you would understand better why I'm so pleased to work alongside them in this great and true work. How neat that you have all of the Scriptures with you all the time. Well, this week I headed down to Veracruz to pick up my new companion. President Treviño gave us our assignments one by one, then we waited to welcome them. I was assigned to train Elder Mariano. He's from Oaxaca, Mexico, but has lived in Tijuana for the past few years. He really came prepared and we got to work right away. Training is a very large responsibility right now in missionary work, and I'm honored to fulfill this assignment. We are really getting out there and doing all we can to advance this great work. I know the Church is true and the Jesus Christ lives and loves every one of us. I have been blessed to be counted among His people in this time. We are the light of this people, he has put us in charge of it. We much do all we can so that all others see us as His servants. Well I love you all immensely and I thank you all too. I love hearing from you each week, and seeing how Our Heavenly Father blesses you all every day!
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment