Friday, July 29, 2011

Week 46

I must say that I was relieved when I read Jacob's email this week. I had worried all week about him being sick. It is hard not to be able to just call and tell him what he should take or what he should do to start feeling better. Here is his latest email
"Wow, I could believe the letter you wrote me.  I would just have to say that it's pretty funny, but at the same time very exciting.  Well, I'm feeling a whole lot better this week, I have been taking my Pepto-Bismol like a good missionary are everything has really cleared up.  We are going to have to work very hard this week to get this area excited, but we're ready to start going.  I will have to check on that in 2 Nephi, but I can tell you that every time we introduce The Book of Mormon, we always make reference to the ancestors of our investigators.  We hardly use anything else to teach because there is no other book that was written for these people.  Well I believe that this excitement is someting that's going to help the Church, and it all seems like good publicity.  I sometimes just wish that the world would view how perfect the Church is and lend it's ear to the inspired voices of the Prophets and Apostles of our time.  Well this past week was tough, but we managed a baptismal service for a young single mom named Marí.  We also confirmed a young man who didn't want to get confirmed after his baptism three months ago.  Also, President Treviño came to a large conference this past Wednesday.  We have a new goal for the next six months of 1,800 baptisms now that we have completed with our goal of 1,500 in 6 months.  I have set various personal goals and we are eagerly working toward that great and inspired goal.  Thank you so much for the prayers and I know they have truly helped me feel better.  I know you're supporting me in more ways than I can imagine, and I thank all of you for it.  Well, tonight we have a baptismal service of a young couple and tomorrow I have to head on down to Veracruz to pick up my fresh companion.  There was never a work so thrilling as this one.  Well, I love you all and I can't wait to hear from you in one week!
 
-Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment