Week 44 and counting! Not really but sort of. Anyway this week has flown by also but when I got Jake's latest letter I am a little concerned. He mentions being under the weather twice in this letter and that always worried a mom. I hope he is feeling better and about all I can do is pray. So Blake and I have been doing a fair amount of that this week. Here is Jacob's latest letter.
"A wonderful week indeed! A little tough because I got sick two times, but I'm feeling better and ready to work. We changed our apartment to a really nice place that's right by the new Church. We also changed our Mission President, something that really affected the mission. This week we will welcome in President TreviƱo in a zone conference and be able to press forward. We were hit with massive rain this week, but the ''hurricane'' deteriorated before it got to us. Is Wisconsin still crazy right now? Or have things settled down in the city or chaos? Well don't worry about the work, I was sick this whole week and there wasn't any time to rest, but I know that it's better to press forward, which is something I learned from you! Well, next week I'll receive my new companion, and President Hansen said he might be American, well we're in for something new in the coming days, can you say excited? Let's get out there and do some solid work! I know the Church is true and that Heavenly Father is merciful with all of His children. We deserve mercy if we give it and rest if we give it. There's still plenty of work for us to do in this world, and we know that trying times are ahead, if you're feeling down, check our Elder Russell M. Nelson's talk from General Conference about ''Facing the Future with Faith.'' Well I love you both and keep hitting me with the good news because I know there's a lot of it to go around!
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment