Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week 53

Well we are officially one year in and counting the next 12 months. Not a lot has happened this week so I will get right to the letter from Jacob.
"Hey there family!  Well, yep, I've passed the hump, but not a whole lot has changed.  I mentioned to grandma that I don't remember much about home, and it's really all focus on the mission.  Thanks for the update, you got my heart up when you mentioned my Aggies, haha, we'll have to see what happens this year.  Don't worry about updating me though, just tell me how the family is more importantly.  I got my garments today in fact, and I also got another letter from my buddy in Japan (two weeks ago).  This week ended up being pretty special because of the opening of our chapel.  I'll tell you all that it's beautiful and very big.  I'll send pictures next week, but we had a neat activity in which we met a lot of people from all over the city and now we're ready to harvest.  We have some excellent, excellent investigators this week and are finding more every day it seems.  I received some very special new regarding one of my first converts, Carmen.  She's almost prepared to enter the temple this December and my trainer and I are invited to attend the sealing of her and her husband (who died a few years ago) for time and all eternity.  There is no greater joy I've felt then describing this opportunity right now.  This special sister has adopted the fullness of the Gospel into her life and is now in preparation for the blessings and convenants of a higher nature.  Oh how I wish I could see all of my converts enter the House of the Lord to redeem their ancestors and to make these sacred convenants with God.  I know I'm where I should be and I know that it's going to cost me a lot this next year, but I know the blessings are great that we will receive.  Thanks for all your support in ever aspect of my mission, I couldn't thank you all enough for putting me in this position and sustaining me every day.  I love you all and I know this next year will fly by and we will see each other again in a very short time!
 
-Elder Jacob Blake Butterfield
 
p.s. Thanks for the beef jerky

No comments:

Post a Comment