Well here it is week 54 and this week Jacob sent a picture. I am so worried about his skin. When you look at the picture notice how red his face is and his hands compared to his feet. I sure hope he is wearing his sunscreen.
"Hey there everybody! Well, we didn't have much time to think about the tradegy that occured 10 years ago, but there was no mention of it here. No, we were busy in the first Stake Conference of this recently split stake. President TreviƱo and his wife came out to speak along with the President of the Veracruz Temple and his lovely wife (they're both Americans). We had a little scare with the hurricane, but nothing happened and we were able to have a wonderful baptismal service of 4 people from our Ward! All were very chosen and prepared before we ever talked with them and the baptisms were very special. I got to baptize the larger woman, named Maria de Jesus, who was very afraid of water, but she jumped in the font and outran her nerves. That's so wonderful that grampa will be entering the temple in such short time, how great are the blessings of the Gospel. I can't imagine how much the Lord has blessed us for our faithfulness. Elder Holland truly has a presence, I will share with you all some of his words in a talk that changed my mission when I get home. I know this Work is true and that Jesus Christ lives. I know that His Church is upon the earth right now with all the power and ordinances to save a soul in the Kingdom of God. I love you all and I can't thank you enough for the support and blessings you have been for me this past year. I hope this letter can be a strength to you all as well as the other 52 letters I write you in these coming weeks!
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment