Four months have passed and it really has gone by quickly. It seems that I no sooner get done emailing him for the week and it is time to do it again. I feel that we past a major mile stone by getting through our first Christmas without him with us. There were several times where someone would say Jacob would do this or say this. He is really our comic relief sometimes and we all missed that this year. I was able to purchase a few things for him at Christmas and they will be waiting for him when he returns. He latest email is one full of miracles and I can definitely see the Lord's hand in directing his life. I sure once you read his letter you will agree with me. Here it is.
"It was a wonderful Christmas and a great New Years too! Mexico is a little crazy from mid-December to mid-Jan, but definietly still paradise. I'm all set here, nothing I could really use, unless other people want to send letters with the package. Well anyway, it's been a week of miracles for me. I'm considering keeping a separate record of the miracles I've come to see every day. Earlier this week, we were going to our lunch appointment in a taxi, when we arrived, we saw an elderly man on the ground convulsing. There was no one around to help him. We got out of the taxi and flipped him over, then carried him to some shade and rested his head on a bag. A group of people formed and we waited until the ambulance came. Appearently, he fell, bumped his head (it was bleeding) and couldn't get up by his own strength. Two days ago, we found out that a yound girl we taught was sick in the hospital with appendix problems. When her neighbors brought her to the hoispital, she asked for ''los Mormones'' even before her parents. We arrived to give her a blessing, but we couldn't see her immediately. As we waited, a man came running in with a teenage girl in his hands, she was visably weak. He set her down and we gave her a blessing, before they took her in. Finally, this Sunday, Carmen bore her testimony in Sacrament meeting. She said we knocked her door when she needed the most help. Later that day, we went to visit with her for a short while. Her friend Daeli (who we also baptized) was there too. Carmen and Daeli shared with us their experiences at their baptismal service. When Daeli touched my hand in the font, she said that she saw spirits around us and they were congratulating her decision. Likewise, when Carmen came up out of the water, she saw angels and sprits all around. They were blessing us missionaries. It's absolutely true. I know it and Heavenly Father knows it too. I'm exactly where I need to be, as one of God's army!
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment