Another week has flown by and we are to week 19 already. Not much to report on our end this week. It truly is like people say the time passes by quickly. Here is the latest email from Jacob.
Is"s been quite a week here in Los Tuxtlas, and only two more weeks until my next transfer! It's assured that I will be transfered, but I know nothing more than that as of yet. I only have 5 pages left in The Book of Mormon, then I get to read it in Spanish! Certainly another week of miracles. Well this week was certabeat me when I get home! inly enjoyable, but somewhat stressful at the same time. President Hansen came and visited us in our district class on Tuesday, his message was very inspriring, and the whole zone got to work this week. We had been waiting on this one sister to get baptized, but she never could because she worked ever Sunday. Last week, she was able to come to church for the second time, so she was set for her baptism. This woman, her name is Rocio, is a single mother (her husband lives in Mexico City) and we baptized all of her boys already (except for Max who's only 6). She works everyday for 60 pesos per day, which is about $5, and lives in a very humble abode. This Saturday, as we went to get her for her baptism, we found out that she was very ill. She had a high fever and a headache, and didn't know if she could make it to her baptism. My companions (I was at the church with other missionaries waiting for them) gave her a blessing and brought her down for her baptism. After the ordinance, we sent her home to rest. This Sunday, she showed up to church completely healed and received her comfirmation. The Lord prepares people in every circumstance imaginable, blessed are the humble and the meek. Rocio and her family know the truth, and whatever their circumstance, the Lord will bless them for their faithfulness. I feel great when I write and share these experiences. I hope you feel great too when you read them. Love you all, can't wait to hear from you soon!
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment