Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 21

I can't believe that we are at week 21 before I know it Jacob will have been out a quarter of his time. With each email that we receive from him we see the growth and progress he is making. Sometimes I can't believe that this is that little blonde haired boy. Well here is his latest email with some interesting news.
"Wow, sounds like quite the week back home! Our week was certainly no less exciting here. I heard right away that the Pack are headed to the Super Bowl this year, so I was pretty happy about that. It would make sense that they would make it all the way the year that I'm on a mission! Thanks for the package! Can't wait to get it! Well, I got my new assignment this week, and I'm a beyond excited for it! President told me that I'm going to an area in the city of Poza Rica, called Petromex. My trainer (Elder Schilhabel) was just there, and he said there is something special about that area. From what I've heard, it's an area that's much more modern than San Andrès (it has a Sam's Club) and the ward is very strong. I'm going to get a native companion, and we're going to work our butts off! That's the big news this week, so definitely something to look forward to. Anyway, this week, we also married (set up the marriage) an investigator and baptized her with 6 members of her family! In total, our companionship baptized 10 people this week! And on top of that, we had a ''bautizona'' or when everyone in the zone baptizes in the same week! The mission as a whole has really been uphill this month, so things are really looking up. I attached a photo of this family, so you can see how much the Lord has blessed us. It has really been a special week, I'm going to miss this area a lot. Some of the members put together a little going away party for us, and I promised them that I would return! One day, you might get to meet these great members and experience the special feeling for yourselves! Well, I can't thank you all for the love, support and prayers you've given me. Love you all!

-Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment