Whoa it is week 22 I can't believe it. Jacob has been out 5 months already and has had his first transfer. Here is his latest letter.
"Hello everyone! I'm writing you from sunny Poza Rica, Veracruz, Mexico. On Tuesday morning, I boarded a bus to Veracruz, then from Veracruz to Poza Rica. It was a long trip (about 7 hours total), but it's great to be here! My companion is Elder Ramirez, he's only been out for 7 months in his mission, but we teach really well together. I'm blessed to have such a humble and obedient companion. The area I'm in is absolutely enormous, and we certainly haven't been able to cover all of it in these 6 days. The city of Poza Rica is a big oil city, and a lot of the people work for the Mexican oil company Pemex. The environment is somewhat smelly, but the city is nicer. The church is really nice, and we have big plans for baptizing in ths area. Thanks for all of the updates, it's hard to believe that I've already been out for 5 months! It was pretty tough leaving my last area, especially when I was starting to get used to everything, and say good bye to out converts. I hear it's the hardest thing in the mission, and I know why they say that. Interesting news from the sports world, and unfortunately, I won't be able to watch the Packers win this Sunday! Surprisingly, quite a few people are interested in American Football down here, but soccer reigns supreme. There are some interesting celebrations and interests, but for the most part, people want a family. It's been a great week in my mission and an incredible month in the Veracruz mission. This month, the mission baptized 282 people, which is just something else. I'm working hard to do my part and I know the Lord will continue to bless us for it. Sometimes it's difficult to express myself here, especially in Spanish, but even then, I know I'm doing what I should be. I love you all unbelievably much, and I love our Heavenly Father for blessing us so ubundantly. Keep up the good work on your end, and I will on mine.
Con amor,
Elder Butterfield
P.S. GO PACK GO!
No comments:
Post a Comment