Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 23

This last email was a little hard for me to read. I don't like the fact that Jacob doesn't have warm water and then he had to sleep in his coat because he was so cold. I know this is what mothers worry about. Here is his latest email. Read it and then tell me you don't feel just a little bad.
"Hahaha, thanks for the update. We went to a few houses last night, and all thought that the ''gringo'' would like to watch it. There was about 7 minutes left in the game when we had to go, I did all I could not to watch it! We actually went to the New Beginnings for about 20 minutes last week. Glad to hear you're able to attend the temple more regularly, it's great the service you're doing. A lot of members have commented on the snow all over the US this week. It seems to be something else. This week was actually freezing here in Poza Rica. On top of that, it was a very difficult week for the work. I'm starting to get used to the new area. We walked more this week than I've ever walked in my life. Our housing is pretty basic, the shower doesn't have hot water, so we fill up a bucket, put a hot iron rod in it, then bathe with a little bowl of water. Like I said, this week was something else down here. I could see my breath from the cold, and I slept in a coat. On top of that was the wet mist all over the city. We tried really hard to find people and bring them to church, but no one showed up. When church was about over, we found out that three of our investigators were waiting outside of the church. Moreover, one resently released missionary brought an investigator friend with him. It literally was a miracle! Probably one of the hardest weeks of my life, let alone my mission, but our Heavenly Father saw our struggles and provided us with answers to our prayers. Literally every piece fell into place this Sunday, and everything is looking up. I can't thank you all enough for your prayers and support. Don't worry about anything when it comes to me, I know I'm in the Lord's hands and nothing else matters. It's been an amazing week, and this week will be even better. Love you all, and God bless. Talk to you in one week!

-Elder Butterfield

PS: GO PACK GO!

1 comment:

  1. wow no hot water...that is pretty crazy really makes you appreciate what we have.
    Mikkal

    ReplyDelete