I can't believe that is it week 25 already. Jacob's mission is 1/4 of the way done. It truly has gone by pretty fast so far. Here is his latest email and a picture also.
" Well this week was phenominal, we basically spent the whole week looking for people to teach. In the end, we were left with very few people, but still a successful week. Two teenagers, who we met through service, got baptized this week. Their parents couldn't get baptized because they're not married (it might take up to a year for them to get married), but it was still a great experience. We really were unsure if they were going to get permission from their parents, so we brought an ex-missionary to the lesson before their baptism. With his help, we showed them how much they'd changed in two weeks, and that they were ready for baptism. We laid it all out, and most importantly, believed and prayed for them. In the end, the ex-missionary asked the boy (Josè Luis) if he wanted to get baptized, he said, ''sì'' and his dad said ''adelante'' (forward). Later his sister, Diana decided to enter into this covenant with God. We baptized them on Saturday, and they were confirmed on Sunday. Really, this story is a testament to the value of service. All we did was help their mom put in a brick in the walkway to their house, and two weeks later, two teenagers in white. What a great experience, in my mission, it's become appearent that helping people is what we do. I really love being out here, and it doesn't matter what happens anywhere else. My mission has changed, and really saved my life and my salvation. I love you all, but I can wait until I see you all again, for now, people are depending on us!
con amor,
Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment