Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 24

It is hard to believe that next week I will be writing week 25. Jacob will be a quarter of the way done with his mission. It is hard to believe. This week past week would be a week that Jacob would have loved. Madison has been in the national news because the governor of the state is trying to make cuts to the budget and do away with collective bargaining. There have been protests on both sides. This is something that Jacob would just eat up. Well I am sure he will give me his opinion in his next email. Here is his latest email.
"Happy Valentine's Day! Or as they say it here: feliz dìa del amor y amistad! It's pretty funny today, everyone has balloons and letters from their ''novios.'' Well, life is going great, the mission is really looking up and I'm glad to be a part of it. Our companionship is really strong. Don't worry about me, I have a coat and a lot of blankets, it's really been fine. Some pretty cool stuff happened this week, I got the package you sent me and a bunch of other letters too! Thanks so much for all the letters and support! I'm actually looking forward to writing back to all of them, including to Jalea. Also, my friends from SigEp mailed me a t-shirt and letters, and my buddy Mike (serving his mission in Japan) sent me a letter too! It's been a great week, and we're really going to do all we can to baptize this week! It's such a blessing to hear from you all every week. Even though I have so many things to work on and fix, Heavenly Father pours out blessings in His infinite mercy. Thanks for supporting me in all of my trials and teaching me what it really means to have a happy family. I love you all, and I know how much I need to work to really deserve a family like you all.

Con amor,
Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment