This weeks letter was very moving because it was literally written for someone in the family that is having a rough time because their views are different from the views that are the most vocal around the state. It is always hard to be on the opposing side but we must stand for what we believe. Know one will ever be able to tell me that there isn't inspiration and divine intervention. Here is this weeks letter!
"I always get really emotional reading your letters. It's something else, that's all I can say. I really expected to receive an email about Maddie one of these days, and here it is. She was a good pup, I could've treated her better, but she will be missed. Sounds like she had all kinds of problems and really couldn't live much longer. What really got me from this letter was the news about Madison. Hate is so ugly and completely contrary to what God wants His children to experience. We had the Area Seventy over the entire country of Mexico, President Daniel Johnson, come and speak to us this week. It was really something else, he didn't give a discourse or anything, but slowly guided us through a chat on faith. In thie end, everyone in the room was edified, and something different passed over all of us. There were certain points to his visit that we had to understand, but really just an amazing spirit. Something that struck me was a remark by his wife. She talked briefly about the emotion of God, and how sad He is for His children. In the book of Moses, Enoc sees God crying, and can't comprehend it. The All-Powerful Being brought to tears, because His children hate one another over the worries of the world. I don't know if I can understand it either, but I want to change the way I look at others for this reason. Just yesterday, some guy on the street wanted to argue with me about politics. I was really upset with myself for arguing, but also because this man judged me without knowing a thing about me. The truth is that we do that every day, maybe not to such an extreme degree as verbal argument, but in our minds and in our hearts. When the hate is sufficient, no matter the reason, words and actions spring forth giving the devil more and more power until something drastic happens. Luckily for us, we ceased communication with this man and left him yelling, ''espérate!'' which means ''wait!'' It made me remember that Christ told His Apostles that they would be hated, but that they would receive a reward apart from the world. Although sometimes we are hated, for whatever reason, we just have to remember how short life is and how much we will miss if we worry about things of the world. If only the whole world focused on the life to come and not the life we live, I guess that's why there are missionaries. Christ never doesn't command anyone to not partake of His salvation, and He loves all with a perfect love of which I testify every day. Well, I think that I've ranted on too much today, but that's my feelings on the situation of the the world. Thanks for your prayers and support. Only 18 more months, I better use it the best I can!"
Con amor,
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment