Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week 27

Well week 27 has come and past and it really seems hard to believe. I am anxious to hear Jacob on the phone which will happen on Mother's day. I can't wait. He just seems to keep growing more and more with each letter. He is such and example to me and also an inspiration. Here is his latest email.
"It's not always easy standing up for what you believe, but it's the right thing to do.  I've been learning that recently as I've been reading Jesus the Christ.  This week we really pushed hard to teach, to find and to baptize.  I found out that my companion is leaving to be a District Leader and that I will stay in the area and receive my new companion, Elder Flores.  A few tough things happened this week, and I really think it's time for a change in our area.  We were blessed to baptize a daughter of God who has been prepared for quite some time.  Cristina, a 19 year old, who attends Institute was baptized this Saturday after a final test.  Appearently her sister is very Catholic, and did some nasty things to Cristina so that she wouldn't get baptized.  We met with Cristina the Friday before her baptism and she came in tears over what her sister had done.  We read a few words from 3 Nephi 11, really the testimony of God the Father, and of His Son, Jesus Christ.  When combined with the words the Hold Ghost gave us, Cristina accepted her commitment to God and stood up for her beliefs (or really knowledge).  My mission is really looking up, we went to see some old pyramids today and I'll send you all kinds of photos next week.  I'm really excited to receive a new companion and ready to get down to work here in Poza Rica.  Also, who wants to hear a funny story?  Well, today we went to the pyramids called ''Tajin'' (look it up) and there happened to be a tourist their who was the only other white guy in the whole park.  He came up and talked with my about all the missionaries he's seen in all parts of the world.  I wanted to talk to him, but it was nearly impossible to speak English!  Just about everytime I opened my mouth, only Spanish came out.  The man was from Manchester, England and really a nice guy.  Maybe someday the missionaries will talk to him in his home.  Well, thanks for writing me and telling me what's going on at home.  Love you all and can't wait to hear from you next week!"

-Elder Butterfield

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:06 PM, < rbutter@charter.net> wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment