Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week 28

Well is it week 28 and things are moving right along. It won't be long before it is Mother's day and I will actually get to talk to Jacob. I was able to go to the temple this last week and guess what name I had a lady that was from Mexico born in the 1700's God does work in mysterious ways. Here is Jacob's latest letter/
"Well, another week come and gone, but what a special week it was. I only heard a little bit from an investigator about the earthquake in Japan. Was it really big or something? My friend, Mike, is in the Sendai mission; maybe the earthquake was in a different part of the country. I'm confident the Lord watched over His servants. The weather is scorching, a little breeze is lovely, but they're few and far between. Well, this week I welcomed in my new companion Elder Flores. He has served for only 7 months, so we're a pretty young companionship. He's from Chihuahua, where the gangs are very rough. We're looking forward to great things in this area, after a great start. We were able to baptize a teenager, Omar, and two girls, America and Amairany. Omar finally got permission from his mom to get baptized, and he's going to be an amazing convert. I told him that we're going to be friends forever, and his baptism was the first step. Well, I'm really loving it out here, it's a special place and a special time to be a missionary. Love you all, and I'll hear from you next week!

-Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment