Well this last week we had the opportunity of traveling to St. George to host a surprise 80th birthday party for Grandpa JR. We had such a nice time and I think he enjoyed himself too. We missed Jacob and Lesley and Keith and the boys. I can't believe how fast the weeks are ticking by and before long Jacob will be here with us again. I know he is where he should be at this time in his life and he is making a difference for so many people. Here is his latest letter.
"Oh how I wish I was part of the shinanigans for grampa's birthday party. I must admit, it was a pretty well pulled off surprise and I'm sure grampa got emotional when he saw you all there. Well sounds like a good week, I wrote Mikkal and I'll be waiting grandma's letter next week. I think we'll have some time together, but it will be after Mitch serves his mission in Oakland, haha. Those are my Aggies, if nothing else, we can win in basketball, maybe this is the year... Our week was very interesting. We have a few investigators that have been attending Church regularly, but are still unsure about getting baptized. We're going to see what happens with them this week and we're going to be working hard. My companion, Elder Salas, is being changed to another area and I'll be with an American companion, Elder Gunther. It's going to be a great time I believe and we're going to work super hard to serve the Lord. Things are looking up and I'm excited for these coming changes. Well thanks a lot for the letter, I'm really happy for everyone and especially grampa. It's going to be a really short 10 months!
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment