Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 61

Here is is week 61 and it is one of Jacob's favorite holidays. He loves Halloween. It doesn't seem possible that this is his second halloween being gone. The time goes by so quickly. Well here is his latest letter.
"Another week.  It's been a good week, and now it's Halloween, haha.  It's not that big down here, but everyone is making bread to offer they're deceased loved ones for the Day of the Dead (it's a tradition).  By the way, I forgot to wish you happy birthday, so...  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I hope that makes up for it, haha.  I'm doing alright with everything, and we can baptize 3 people this week!  I'm thankful because all of the members have been helping us out.  We haven't heard anything about any hurricane, it hasn't even rained here once.  The work is going well, and there are a lot of interesting changes being made.  I like how we don't teach lessons down here, we just teach God's children.  Things are improving but we need to get to work if we're to baptize every week.  I'm working on charity and Christlike Attributes, if you get a chance, take a look at a copy of Preach My Gospel, you'll be amazed.  Well, I love you all, and I'm loving it here in the mission.  Thanks for all of your prayers and support.  Talk to you in a week!
 
-Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment