Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 69

It has been a couple of weeks since my last post. We actually got to talk to Jacob through skype. It was so great to hear and see him. We got to talk to him for a full hour. It is so special to get those phone calls twice a year. It is hard to believe that only one more phone call home and he will be home. Whoa, the time has gone by so fast. He is Jacob's latest letter along with some pictures.
"Hey there!  Thanks for the letter, the week was much more profitable and I'm enjoying it here.  We passed the new year eating tamales at a member family's home, here's the picture.  We were in bed at 10:30 but we woke up at midnight because of all the fireworks going off.  A lot of people also make scarecrow-type figures that they burn to ring in the new year, basically saying goodbye to 2011, here's a picture of one.  There are a bunch of tourists all over, because we're right by a beach, it wouldn't be a bad place to vacation.  The attendence in Church was a little down, but we brought in investigador in a wheelchair.  His name is Miguel and his very humble, he has a goal to get baptized the 14th.  We had to travel all over the place but things are going well.  We've been knocking a lot of doors lately, and we should be finding more people now that vacations are over.  We're working hard and I only have 8 months to complete with my goals for the mission.  It's really time to get to work.  I'm thankful for your prayers and support, I am truly in love with the missionary life and the place and people I'm trying to help out.  I hope everything goes well this week and I love you all!
 
-Elder Butterfield



 

No comments:

Post a Comment