Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 72

The time is passing so quickly and soon it will be only 6 months before Jacob will be home. A lot has happened this last week as we have moved back to Wisconsin from Oklahoma. Poor Jake won't know what his address is. Well here is his latest letter.
"Hello family! Sorry to hear it's chilly in Wisconsin, but it's a sacrifice for a large blessing that you will receive. Your last decision to move to Oklahoma turned out alright, I'm sure this one will too. The family is going to be very spread out, wonder if we'll all return to Utah someday, haha. That's something different from Mexico, when someone gets married, they usually live with their parents or other family and all of their kids. They don't spread out much over here. Last week was great and this week was also wonderful, we've been finding a number of people to teach, and yesterday I went to sacrament meeting in the little ranch community while my companion stayed here. We taught an investigator who has been going to Church for months and yesterday he accepted the goal to be baptized this Saturday. My companion stayed here in the city and 6 new investigators came to Church! Everything has come to pass by faith and diligence. We're very spread out these days, but everything is going well. I must admit that working with the members is the greatest way to advance this work. I have been able to announce the program from our Mission President in sacrament meeting and the members have truly responded. I would like you to think about sharing the Gospel with our neighbors, it will certainly bless your lives. Well, I am very excitetd to continue in this great work, and when I return, it will just be the beginning. I love you all, and I will be expecting your package with eagerness. I hope you all (especially dad) enjoy these pictures.

-Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment