Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 72

Well I always have good intentions to get this letters on as soon as I get them and I just get busy with life and forget. So here is week 72 can't believe the time is passing so quickly.
"Hey there! I'm still in one piece after the big golden birthday and things are going well. One of the recent converts did a little surprise party for me, it was pretty cool, I felt pretty special turning 21. There was still a lot of work to be done though. We had 4 baptisms yesterday and the whole ward was pretty excited. We were also chosen to speak in Sacrament Meeting which we used as an oppoprtunity to encourage the members to give us more referrals. Everyone that has been baptized here has been a referral since I arrived and it's just like President Hinckley's talk ''Find the Lambs, Feed the Sheep.'' So now you return to the frozen tundra and the large house, I'll never experience Tulsa, but maybe that's a good thing, haha. That's interesting news about grandpa, certainly I'll be praying for him earnestly in these coming days. I think he'll be pretty resilient, but how blessed that he's found the true path so late in life! I didn't feel any earthquake, I think those are more common in the capital ofthe country, normally there aren't earthquakes in Veracruz I believe. I'm not craving anything, but I would appreciate letters from the family, friends and the Church. What's dad going to call his book? Let me know how everything turns out, I wouldn't mind writing a book when I get home too, it would be a great experience and testimony builder. Well, I love you all, take care and talk to you in a week!

-Elder Butterfield

p.s. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment