Here it is week 74 can't believe it. I look back at the last 18 months and can't believe that we are almost to the last leg of this journey. It is hard to believe that the time has past so quickly. Here is Jake's latest letter and a picture too!
"Well, I have at least another 6 weeks here, it's alright because we have a number of investigators that are almost ready to get baptized, it should be a pretty good transfer. The week was pretty good, although a little chilly and wet. There's always trials and tests with every investigator and even with the members, there's even more personally, but you just have to take it one day at a time. There's an opportunity to grow everyday and there are also many opportunities to make mistakes. I feel like Mormon, I can't even relate the hundreth part of everything I have experienced, felt, seen and heard in these 17 months. Everyone has a story and it's a privilege to listen to the experiences and ideas of others. Well, I love you all very much, I love the mission and I love the Lord. Every young man must serve a mission, I can't even tell you how many people are waiting out here. My area has more than 20 small ranchos, there are only enough missionaries for a fraction of that and all the people waiting for us. We need more missionaries, and better ones. Thanks for helping me be a soldier in God's army.
-Elder Butterfield

No comments:
Post a Comment