Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 58

Well it has been a long week not really knowing what happened with Jacob. We were very relieved when we got this email and he said he was feeling better. I know he doesn't tell us the real story but at least I know he is a little better. Here is his latest letter.
"Hey there!  Don't worry, I'm totally fine, they aren't sure what I had, but I'll tell you the story.  I was watching the last session of Conference and I had a headache, I start shivering and feeling cold.  I told my companion and my District Leader gave me a blessing, I don't know what happened, I just felt really cold.  The Zone Leaders showed up and we went to the hospital with another missionary.  The doctor only saw me for a couple a minutes and asked me a few questions.  She suspected that I had dengue, but they were going to do a blood test the next day.  I returned home and slept all day Monday until I had to pack and go to the Zone Leaders' house to wait for the bus the next day.  When I got up, I felt fine and I wasn't sick anymore, just with a little diarrhea.  I'm here in my new area and it's a really neat town.  We also have part of the beach in our area, I wouldn't mind heading out there for a baptismal service.  My companion is Elder Salas from Peru, he's got a little more time than me in the mission and has been in this area from 4 months.  There's a few army guards that roam around the city, but it's pretty calm around here.  The problem with the gangs is located more north around Monterrey, Reynosa, and the state of Chihuahua.  It's truly a war and the stories are very depressing of violence.  Down here, it's safer and the ''bad guys'' usually don't have anything to do with the Church, much less with the missionaries.  If one stays out of their business, they usually won't do anything.  As for other news, well I think I'm good on material things.  I enjoy the little treats you include in the packages, but don't worry about sending anything special.  I'm going to buy some pants today, and maybe a shirt, but it shouldn't be very much, I still have sufficient money left over"
Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment