Sunday, April 1, 2012

Week 77

I am way behind but I must admit that this week we didn't receive a letter and I had to wait until the next week and then we got two letters. So here is the letter for week 77.

"Hey there!  Another great week came to a close and the work is continuing very quickly.  If anyone asks, I'm doing wonderfully and enjoying my time here.  We had a nice baptismal service after Church (which was interesting because it was a fast Sunday) of an 8 year-old girl named Nancy.  Her parents still aren't ready to get baptized, but they allowed her to do it.  The pictures I'm sending are of some really delicious quesadillas that we ate with a member, also of the casero, that is, homemade, guacamole that went along with the cheese filled delights.  Also, I included a picture of the young girl we baptized last week after Stake Conference and one of the young lady that got married with a member and in the same week was baptized.  We're experiencing a great deal of success and it's all been blessings from the Lord.  Hopefully I'll be able to send a letter home these days, anyone else you want me to write?  Is anyone else getting ready to serve a mission?  Well, I'll I can say is that I'm happy that the Lord has blessed you all so much.  In all parts of the world the Work is improving, remember what President Hinkley said, ''great will be the day when the members not only pray for the missionaries, but are active in the work themselves'' (paraphrased).  One day (not too far down the road) we should have an Oregon branch, it's very possible and it would be a great experience.  Well, I love you all, I can't thank you all enough for the letters and support, this is truly where I should be.  I love this Church and my mission.  I'm not going to return the same, but you're going to like the different person a lot more.
-Elder Butterfield
 

No comments:

Post a Comment