Sunday, April 1, 2012

Week 79

I can't believe how fast the time is going. Almost to week 80 it just doesn't seem possible. Well here is Jacob's latest letter.

"Hey there!  Thanks for the letter, sounds like things are going well for you all up there.  On Tuesday I arrived here in Veracruz, there was actually an earthquake (just a shake) that the whole city felt just before I arrived.  My new area is very different from my old area, but I think I'm going to like it.  We have two wards, one is actually the chapel that's right in front of the temple and the other one is a little smaller.  The wards are probably the strongest I've had in my mission, with a number of return missionaries and solid members.  My companion is Elder Sanchez, from central Mexico, he's younger but has a lot of experience, we're the Zone Leaders and our zone consists of 11 companionships.   We work a lot with the members and every Sunday we have to go on divisions.  It's a great opportunity to learn and serve and it's going to cost a lot with so many companionships, but I'm looking forward to working with everyone.  Veracruz is very, very hot, and it's pretty croweded because we're right next to the beach and vacations are starting.  I'm very excited and although I don't have much time left, we're going to really work hard to baptize every week.  Conference is a wonderful experience and we hope to bring a number of investigators to hear the Prophet's words.  All I can ask is that you keep on praying for me so that I can help and serve these other missionaries as I strive to help the Lord in His great Work.  Thanks for your prayers and I love you all very much.  Can't wait to hear from you all next week!

-Elder Butterfield  

No comments:

Post a Comment