Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 81

Here is the latest letter from Jacob.

"Hey there everyone, Happy Birthday to Stryder too!  We had a very busy week with activities, divisions, training meetings and a lot of tracting.  The whole country is on vacations and I think they all go to Veracruz, haha, it was the hottest it's been down here, and I got a little sunburnt the other day even with the sunscreen I put on (I now am certain to reapply every few hours).  The beach is packed and there are quite a few people the left for the week.  We had an activity with the young men from one of the stakes, and we went on divisions for a few days.  The young man that was with me was very shy, but willing to share his testimony.  We've been experiencing tough times here, but we're not losing the faith.  We just found out that we're getting about 30 new missionaries in the mission and I'm sure some will end up in our zone.  It's time to prepare for the big division of the mission and we have to lead it.  The leadership is essentially the same out here, but I would say that the Mission President is more active here.  The missionaries have to do a great deal of things for each branch and ward, but it's basically the same.  Before I close we went to the acquarium today and it was quite spectacular, we'll come visit it sometime in the future.  Well the time is going by fast and I love it!  Talk to you next week!

-Elder Butterfield

1 comment:

  1. Please give him my regards :)
    by Irazú from San Andres we not forgotten! :)

    ReplyDelete