I can't believe we are at week 80 and only 5 months to go. The time moves along so quickly. Jacob included two pictures this week so here is his latest letter along with a couple of pictures.
"Hey there! It's certainly a busy time here and I really enjoyed it, we set goals with the other zone leaders for the entire mission on Tuesday and then had splits with another companionship this week. Here are some fun pictures, one is from a ranch, it's of two trees intergrowing, the other... well look closely. Conference was quite enjoyable although I was a little sick this week, I'm pretty sure it's the new, much hotter, climate that's trying to confuse my body. Mikkal would certainly enjoy it here, and the city is actually full of tourists for ''Holy Week'' vacations. The Conference was a delight, I especially enjoyed the common themes interwoven into the talks, themes such as conversion, the Atonement and the family. We watched it from the stake center, which is on temple grounds, so it was a very calm and peaceful experience. Next week I may be blessed with the opportunity to enter into the temple with a convert from my first area (if you still have my letters her name is Carmen and I'm sure I wrote about her). I certainly love this area and I'm learning more every day about how I can be a better leader, teacher, friend and family member. I must say that President Monson is certainly a Prophet of God and that this is the only true and living Church on the face of the earth. We experienced a great deal of adversity here, but it's all for our good. 5 months left, it's time, more than ever to work in the lord's vineard. I invite you all to help out in this great cause, after all, I feel that we as a Church can double the number of converts we have each year.
Thanks again and I love you all!
-Elder Butterfield
No comments:
Post a Comment